Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love is...

You think you have some kind of strangle hold over love?
Hiding it away, keeping it to yourself in hopes that no one will ever understand it but you.

Facts are, I know what love is. I can feel it everyday.

It's the way I wake up everyday with you on my mind

The way I hear your voice in every line we used to sing on those long summer days that I wished would last forever.

How I even write like you because with each word I feel as part of you is still here
Writing this way calms me down even when i feel that things are lost
It just seems to me flattery is best through imitation.
I love it so much that I want to carry it with me forever, seems to be how happy married couples eventually merge into one loving and commanding unit, living off each others breaths.

How even after a year I still cling, because I'm still waiting for these feelings to not take over my entire body every time I think about you.
and because i know that love is not effected by ticks of a clock or by the changing of the seasons.

It's calling a friend I haven't seen in months and only talking about you.

It's by not giving up hope, even when things look tough and the situation seems hopeless.

Tearing up in front of my friend when I finally read that short story again, and yea it's still the most amazing things I have ever read in my life.
I'm still waiting on the novel...

I've tried to push this all away because I'm terrified.
Terrified of never being able to feel this again. Terrified of carrying around this longing for the rest of my life.
I keep trying, really I do. To break free and get away. But it feels like i'm connected with a bungie cord and the harder I run the harder I come flying back to where I started.
I stole a lot from you. Including the way this post is even written. I guess I'm just hoping that I'm holding on to it for safe keeping, and that one day you'll come searching for it, only to find it right here, safe at home.
This might be selfish that i'm pushing for only what I want, but at the same time the thing I want most is to completely give myself and everything I have to you. All of my thoughts, hopes, dreams and love.
I just want to lay in bed. Reading stories aloud. Writing poems. Taking picture and know that no matter where i'm at I'm finally home. Since hope is the one thing that I can't seem to give the slip, i'm just going to embrace it the best I can.


p.s.: As the old cleveland saying goes... There is always next year.... See you then Tribe.

7 comments:

Akum said...

Great Post. Love sure is a very tough word to define....plus its so confusing.. Love this post.

(P.S. have you ever thought of writing song.. I think you will make a great song writer. )

के सी said...

I stole a lot from you. Including the way this post is even written. I guess I'm just hoping that I'm holding on to it for safe keeping, and that one day you'll come searching for it,...
I just want to lay in bed. Reading stories aloud. Writing poems. Taking picture and know that no matter where i'm at I'm finally home...
nice post. :)

ApocalypsE said...

Everything A.K. said... including the song writer... :)

touchy...

married couples - one commanding unit - living off each others breath... B.E.A.utiful...

CutePriya said...

Yes, you did it again!!! Simply amazing...

Love your writing very much :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on our news and feature articles.

At present we provide Live Cricket (From: 4 April Onwards) , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Gadget Reviews to our readers.

Note:: Last week we have had some problem with the server due to which we could not update news and articles on time. However, that problem has been resolved now. We appreciate your patience and support.

Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

Thank you,

The Future Mantra

अनिल कान्त said...

मोहब्बत ऐसा जज्बा है .....जो खुद को भी रूमानी बना देता है और औरों को भी ......इसमें दर्द है ख़ुशी है

मेरी कलम - मेरी अभिव्यक्ति

~*wILd chILd*~ said...

Thank you people for your supportive and encouraging comments.. thanks a ton to each one of you :-)

Tuned in :