Sunday, February 22, 2009

Epic.

Pretty much decided that's what my life is.

In every sense of the word. My life is epic. Not necessarily because of any great things that happen or because of some extraordinary circumstances.

Mainly because I just simply create it to be so...

The world is only what you imagine it to be. That's the beauty of it.

Today was really no different. I ended up working with my dad today.
I went over to the band house afterwards.

It's been ages since I've been there...

Really about a week and a half, but still. Long enough. I'm still searching for good material to use as subject matter in my songs. I have a few ideas i think I'm going to have to just quit being a baby about and run with them. Start dedicating myself to it.

But I listened to them jam out for a while and fell in love with the three main songs over again, which I tend to do about every practice. Got to listen to them jam for a while. I must say that it's pretty interesting. Lucas really just keeps his fingers moving until something sounds good. It's how he makes up for the lack of theory knowledge. He's just sort of always done it that way.

I actually talked to Prateek today too. He is a guy that is always over there and doesn't speak much after he smokes with the guys. He just ends up being the guy that you almost always forget is even there. But I found out that he actually moved in, in the time that I haven't been there.. and for some reason or another he was extra talkative today. He showed us(Me, Lucas and Katz) his room where I started asking him about the books in it. Turns out he's into beatnick 50's and drug infused 60's literature and is a journalism major that likes to write about societal theories and government ideologies. Was really intense to learn about someone who hardly spoke before.

But now I'm home. In the basement where it's cool. Decided that I'm picking up guitar again and going to read and write much more. I'm too far gone lately and it's going to take hard work to catch back up.

Just a little glimpse inside my life today. There is really much more but I don't want to go on for ages.

I need to find a vocal coach still though.....

I hope everyone's lives are well and are enjoying the summer so far... Wear sunscreen!!!

4 comments:

ApocalypsE said...

good luck findin a vocal coach:-)...

~*wILd chILd*~ said...

Thanks.

के सी said...

nice post and u r alwayz welcome कभी राजस्थान आना हो तो मुझे बताना, यहाँ के संगीत के सुर बहुत प्रभावित करेंगे आपको और फिर उनको गिटार पर प्ले करना बेसमेंट की ठंडक में एक रूमानी आग लग जायेगी.

~*wILd chILd*~ said...

Right said Kishore.
I've been to Rajasthan with my parents at the age of 11 yrs. I like their culture, the food and music. I have learnt Indian classical music for 7 years. I'll let you know for sure if i go there. :)
Thanks.

Tuned in :