Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deadness, Deadousity, Deaderiffic...

The title is an attempt to come up with a new adjective to describe my coming two weeks of time. I think I'll go with Deadousity... Hmmm, now to use it in a sentence. The deadousity of my coming two weeks will rival that of my first two weeks of life. I will breath, eat, sleep and poop. I suppose I'll study and goof around on the internet too, but that will probably only make up for the extra time I spent sleeping and pooping as an infant.

On the up side was great. The party ended up lasting well past midnight, and I met a guy there that remembered me from one meeting some 4 or 5 years ago despite the fact that many of my friends here took a few moments to recognize me after I got a new haircut. He said it was based on my eyebrows, apparently they're distinctive. I took it as a compliment because I am prone to such things. Later that evening he spontaneously tried to judo-throw me. he's my new favorite person for a while. he's also very very slippery. I used to wrestle in middle school, high school, some of college, and now periodically during the winter and usually when I get ahold of someone they stay held. he managed to worm and slither his way out after one of my reprisal tackles.

Mots rough-housed with us too, but I know her weakness. She has ticklish feet. Wheeeee!

My brother actually attended the first part of the party with me and seemed to fit in okay until he got tired and took off for a drive. We didn't actually start the fireworks until after he left, but I don't think he felt like he missed much. I have to say that fireworks don't really do it for me nearly as much as when I was a kid. That wasn't true for everyone though, and one of the guests actually tried to make his own firework a few times with varrying degrees of success. Later we all walked down to the mall to watch the big show, but ended up missing the front half. Ah vell. The walk was nice.

This all made blowing out my tired eminently forgettable, though I did finally get 'that' fixed today. Bleah, expensive.

No comments:

Tuned in :