I walked to Mot's house again today. Three more kms and my feet are a bit soar, but I'm happy about it. I think I'm going to try to do this every week, it's a lot easier to be motivated when I have someone to visit. The walk also seemed shorter this time, I'm probably getting used to it. On the down side I wasn't feeling as creative this time around so no interesting monologues to report on.
Yesterday I was considering the nature of love in all its aspects, but most importantly how it applies to me. I find I have issues communicating and relating to other people and their understanding of love because my definition is so much different. I like my definition though, it's very straightforward.
To determine whether or not I'm in love with someone I ask myself this question: "How many limbs would you trade to keep this person alive." If the answer is 3 or more then I love them forever. If it's less than three but still more than zero then I just really like them. Plain, simple, and easy to assess. Just the way I like emotions.
I've never dated a guy that I'd give more than two limbs for, so according to my definition I've never been in love.
Unfortunately the guys I dated don't seem to use this definition of love, which allows them to throw around the term willy nilly. They use it to assess how they feel at a particular period of time, and what sort of endorphin rush they get from my presence. Maybe a bit to display their concern for my well-being as well, but not to the same degree as in my definition. It can be a bit discomforting (not that I've had to deal with it in a while).
Now to end this entry abruptly with a quote by Dib from Invader Zim:
"I'm sane, you know?"
I feel it's important to remind people as they tend to be a bit addled when it comes to 'facts' like that.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Fact! this is the main thing...But sometime we neglect it... All d luck 2 u...
And it works viddy well for me. Thanks :)
Post a Comment