So I decided my last strategy for mate attraction was a bit too glowstick-intensive (or GI if you want to use the hip acronym I just made up). This is a problem because I don't actually own any glowsticks, also if I recall I predicted almost certain failure anyways. I'm just saying I made this decision to give the illusion of progress. As I slack off on this front I have developed some interesting friend issues.
And by interesting I mean bad.
Wacky little story that will likely confuse most people, but I don't want to delve into it because I don't intend for this to be an extended entry: Three people date each other, one was my friend the other two eventually became friends of mine. Went for several years. They break up. Male in the group decides he wants to get back together with female 1(my friend originally) and continue being broken up with Female 2. Female 2 still very much interested in Male, becomes very jealous of Female 1.
Time progresses, things get worse. One night I'm randomly going shopping with Female 1 and Male. Female 2 calls male, me and Female 1 remain queit while he's on the phone so as not to create an incident. The conversation ends, but shortly afterwards we run into Female 2 (no she wasn't stalking us, it was a coincidence). It's past midnight, I'm tired and things are very uncomfortable. She is obviously hurt, both because of the jealousy and, I'm afraid also because she might have felt excluded (Story ends with a mumbled hello and a quick departure. I was really tired.). Since I technically partook in this exclusion I ended up feeling guilty. I don't feel guilty casually either, trust me on this. It's been bugging me all weekend .
I'm going to try to make amends but I'm not sure how yet, or how long I need to wait for it not to be all weird. This is not something I'm used to dealing with, not personally like this and I'm hoping that I don't bungle horribly. The nice thing about having mostly geeky friends is this sort of issue doesn't come up... I suppose this is what I get for expanding my horizons.
Blah.
I'm totally taking this as a life lesson. Never expand your horizons, and never try anything new! I suppose though that I shall treat this like any other life lesson: Follow when convenient, ignore when inconvenient.
On the dating front though, I've been informed I need to expand my horizons and possibly meet (and talk to) males that aren't gays or already hooked up (these categories, incidentally, covers almost every guy I know here right now). Unfortunately this advice conflicts with my life lesson. It was even worded the exact same way. Oh well, I'll have to find another solution... Or wait until it's inconvenient to expand my horizons I suppose, but when does that ever happen?
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment