Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wisdom of the Ages

I love arguing with old people. Sure, it's not always the most challenging thing to do in the world, but it's not always the piece of cake MTV makes it out to be either. Of course if I do happen to find an elderly person who can beat me in an argument I can always take comfort in my ability to come back a few years later and crush them in round 2.


Me: In regards to your claim that increasing social security benefits through specific channels of preventative medicine is good for the economy, I would like to respond now (7 years later) that recent findings by a Harvard research group has shown that the greatest economic growth occurs when society uses its elderly as fertilizer in the narcotic export industry instead.

Them: Whazza?! Who're you? Is that Jimmy? Com're and give grammy pookems a kiss on the nose. I got some hard candy for you.

Me: In response I would like to say that you are not holding hard candy, but some strangely shaped rocks you found on the ground a moment ago. Also I would like to point out that you're using a common logical falacy to defend your arguments, referred to amongst scholars as the 'I can neither hear or understand what you're saying' falacy

Them: When I was a nurse in the Korean War they made me sniff cocaine off a cow's buttocks. Capeee!

Me: Aha, you've fallen down and knocked yourself unconcious during a delusional rant. This can only be an admission of defeat! I win gramma, I owned your ass!


Always something I like to keep in mind when somone old is dispensing wisdom in my youthfully rebellious direction.

No comments:

Tuned in :