This one was curiously lucid, though I suppose that tends to be a common feature for the dreams that I remember. I think they have to make some sort of sense for me to recall them.
I dreamt that I had gotten a chance to visit heaven with an acquaintence of mine through some strange means (I don't believe I died). It was a remarkable version of heaven, much like the real world except that all actions had ideal consequences there. When you go to heaven you go exactly as you were when you died, but because of the controlled environmental stimuli of the heaven environment you gradually start to become similar, physiologically, to the ideal "soul" being. The air and electromagnetic environment of heaven work to give you all the energy you could want, which means people exercise far more. Similarly due to various environmental effects people will regenerate all of the damage suffered through injuries, illnesses, and even age starts to reverse. Catching further sickness is impossible as bacteria and viruses that cause disease couldn't survive there. There was even something in the air that cancelled out people's tendencies to get easily depressed or unhappy. Such emotions, when they were experienced, would rarely last longer than the initial stimulus.
My depiction of god was rather strange as well. I met her, a tall dark-haired woman that reminded me of idealized representations of druids in pagan mythos. She was very soft-spoken and pleasant, but seemed to keep to herself a bit while I was there. I found out later that this was partly because my acquaintence had managed to bring a cell phone to heaven and god had stolen it to examine it more closely. This was the first time that any technological device had made its way into heaven. At any rate, she has the phone for about five minutes and, using only a pad of paper and a pencil to make notes on, manages to figure out every physical law in the universe by examining the phone. This is starting from scratch, she didn't even realize that scientific laws governed reality prior to this point. After she's done she leaves the phone where she found it and my acquaintence and I start to head back to Earth none the wiser.
During the trip I find out that God has managed to figure out a means to surrepticiously steal energy from other universes in order to combat the gradual entropy of our universe. She begins the process by bringing into creation small earthen statues of various critters that were accompanying me on my trip. It is at this point that I decide for some reason that this shouldn't be going on, and that god should not increase the rate of entropy in other universes just to preserve her own (this was my dream self, if I were awake I would have given her the thumbs up). I decide to stop her by informing the general populace of what she's up too, and especially a few key individuals that seem to be important to her plans somehow. I think part of my motivation to halt her activities came from her very gentle manner... I could sense that despite her ability to easily halt my progress, she wouldn't raise a finger against me. Self-righteousness is so easy when you target the weak.
Once all this was decided I and my companion entered a swamp which we needed to cross on our trip back to Earth. We got a giant, hollowed out pea pod as a canoe and started paddling. Interestingly enough, we were being stalked by a snake the whole way through the swamp. I managed to beat it off with a sharpened stick a number of times, but eventually it grew to the size of a python and jumped at us from the trees, landing in my lap. I wasn't hugely startled, but it was enough to wake me up. It was an odd turn of events though, as I understand that the snake represents the adversary in Christian mythology. I find it odd that such a creature would aid god. But then I suppose that makes it a more interesting story.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment