He told me to sing the blues
I stubbornly refused
I retorted the world's dark enough as it is
I'd rather sing me some
mellow
yellow
He laughed sardonically
and twirled his finger
in a circle furiously
I want to be the one that sings
the songs that uplift and console
(said I)
"You'll sing whatever I want you to sing"
(he said)
"Or, by Christ, I'll have your soul"
in an instant I was turned into a dart-frog
as blue as blue as blue could be
in another moment, I turned into the sky
then, he transformed me into the sea
so perfectly turquoise
so electric, so royal
so navy
so midnight
so aquamarine
so cerulean
so prussian
so azure, so saphhire
so lapiz lazuli
an indigo dream
next, he thought it funny to turn me to denim
he thought it clever to make me his jeans
but when i bit his ass with my zipper
i laughed my brass off
as he shrieked, stamped and screamed
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment